Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Makenah is 14!!

Makenah had a wonderful day. We celebrated on the 28th because she had a big youth New Year's Party on the 29th. We started off the day by taking her to the eye doctor, getting there courtesy of Kellie. Makenah has been complaining for sometime that things far away have been a bit blurry. I'm sure her problems are attributed to the fact that she reads for hours on end, in her dark room with just a small book light. Anyway, she picked out a really cute pair of glasses. They should be ready for pickup by next week. While waiting for the new washer to show up, I made her birthday dinner and a cheesecake. Her dinner of choice was Corned Beef and Cabbage, which we usually only have on St. Patty's day. It was a perfect day to have this too because it was a bit chilly outside. When Scott got home from work, we took the family to see National Treasure 2, except for Grandma who stayed home to get a bit of sleep (didn't get much the night before). We came home and had cheesecake(didn't turn out so good), and opened presents. She opened her card from Grandma and Grandpa, then her smelly stuff while I was taking pictures. Inside her gift bag should have been a $25 iTunes GC. Last night she asked me to take her to the store to by a iTunes GC. I asked her if she already used up the one she had from her birthday. She said she didn't get one on her birthday. HMMMMMM. After putting on the rubber gloves and dumpster diving for it twice, it's no where to be found. I can't for the life of me figure out what happened to it. I got her another one today. If the other shows up somewhere, I guess the Easter Bunny can use it. She had a great family birthday and tonight she is hosting a movie night at our house. Never a dull moment going on around here.

4 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Makenah! I'm glad you had a fun birthday! :) :) Can't wait to see your new glasses. :)

little miss shortcake said...

Happy Birthday Makenah!
She really wanted CABBAGE on her birthday? blech!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Makenah! And welcome to Mia Maids. I'm so excited to have another wonderful YW in our class.

Alaskagirl said...

Happy Be-lated birthday Makenah!! It sounds and looks like a great day.

Only 2 day till Wicked! I am so excited for you. You're going to love it. I wish I could share the joy with you...fully clothed that is :)