Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Collection:

Some people collect salt and pepper shakers, some coffee mugs, for others it's spoons. I collect music boxes. In particular, I really enjoy music boxes from the San Fransisco Music Box Co. They make beautiful, well-made quality music boxes. I have quite a few, my favorites being the snowglobe type. I remember going to visit my Grandma and she had a few music boxes placed in her kitchen window. Oh how I loved to sit at her kitchen table, wind them up, and listen to their unique sounds. I would watch the intriquite moving parts and listen with such fascination, I was hooked on them. Since Scott and I have been married, he has tried to get me a music box every year for my birthday or Christmas. I just love the memories they bring back of my simple childhood, our family visits to Grass Valley, CA., and my Grandma and Grandpa Baker.

4 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

Too bad they went out of business. :( Wow! We have so much in common! I collect music boxes too. I haven't unpacked them at this house yet. I don't have anywhere to display them. I might have to look into a curio cabinet.

That Wizard of Oz music box sure is cute! I haven't bought a music box for awhile. Not as easy to find them since Starbucks is where music boxes should be.

Angela said...

They are still in buisness :), they just closed all their stores. You can still order them from the online store!!

Alaskagirl said...

What a fun collection!! What great memories that you have of your grandma and her house. I don't really collect anything but starbucks mugs and dust! See you Monday...

Michelle Johnson said...

Alaskagirl - I collect the dust too. Unfortunately I am a big collector of that! I'll have to take care of that during spring break. OR NOT! hehe!