Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Our "Permanent" Road Trip, aka: The Move

(A great book for kids who are moving!!) Here we go again!! Today is the big day, and even though I don't have much time for posting, I needed to do it. We are looking forward to our road trip (not the permanent one). We will be driving to Nevada, where we will stay the night. In the morning we will be off to Arizona to spend a few days with my sister and her family. I am really looking forward to this part of the trip. On Saturday, we (my whole family) is getting together for a BBQ. It has been a few years since we have all been together like that and I am excited. It will also be ther first time my kids get to meet their little cousins. On Sunday, we will be going to Sedona for a bit of hiking and we will stay the night. Monday we will be going to the Grand Canyon and on up to Farmington, NM. I will meet up with my best friend, Angela, who I have not seen in 4 years!! We will drive back in to Cortez, Co where she lives (and where Scott and I lived when we first got married) and just spend a few days catching up. We are planning on spending some time in Mesa Verde National Park and then going up through Durango (where Makenah was born) to Ouray Hot Springs where we will stay the night. We will watch Angela's daughter in a swim competition on Saturday morning, then head up to Denver by Sunday. We have an appt. to tour the Denver Mint (which Dalton is excited about), then to the water park for the rest of the day. Tuesday, we are off again to where-ever else the road takes us, arriving in Ohio around the 23rd. This is going to be a great trip, and the longest trip I have done by myself (with the kids too). The nice thing about this move is that I don't have to watch the moving trucks load up our stuff, or witness the empty house. Maybe I am in denial about the move, but I do feel like I am just going on a road trip. When we get to Ohio, our stuff will be there and Scott will have the bedrooms set up. Talk about easy!! The hard part is the good-byes. I DON'T like them, but for closure, they are a must. I have made some great friends, and reconnected with my other family ties that were long overdue. I have enjoyed my neighbors and my neighborhood, and feel like I have been successful at becoming part of the community in which I reside. I have bloomed here, and now it is time for me to do the same in Ohio. I will post again in a few weeks and let you all know how it went. I will miss you, but know I am just a phone call away, or you will always find me here too.

2 comments:

Alaskagirl said...

Have a safe and fun trip! I will be calling and checking in on you. Once you get home fill that picture frame with our picture and don't forget about me!! :)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to check your blogspot.
All I have to say is WOW! You are an amazing lady.
It was great seeing you again. I hope the rest of your trip went ok. (I heard there was a small matter of hail and locking keys in cars. I'm so sorry. Your poor van.)
I hope you and your family LOVE your new home. After seeing the pictures I'm trying hard not to covet.It's Bee-u-tiful!
Good luck with everything. Keep in touch.