Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Daddies are for Catching Fireflies!!

The first night we got to Ohio, Scott was out showing our kids how to catch fireflies. Being from California, I have never expierenced fireflies myself, I was quiet fascinated. We were out until about 10:30 playing with the fireflies. It has been a nightly thing now. With July here, they are really beginning to multiply. Things to know about fireflies: They are UGLY!! They fly slow. Fireflies hang out in the grass, trees and shrubs. They are quite friendly little bugs. Fireflies don't bite. You can catch them pretty easily. The kids love to put them in jars, or bug containers. They are very fun to watch. They are very fun to catch. They are UGLY!! Yup, this is what they look like. I told you they were ugly. Scroll down for road trip pics!!

2 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

That is one of the few things I miss about the midwest, fireflies! :) They are so cool! Have fun with them. :)

Alaskagirl said...

Enjoy your time catching fireflies...it may be over all too soon.

The trip back to Boise was quick, but good. I'm glad to be done with that little chore. I am up to 8 miles with my running. I have a 10K I will be running on the 4th and then a 10.3 mile run on the 14th. So, it is coming along.