Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Easter Gift:

We are so blessed to have the understanding of the importance of Easter. I know I am late in posting this, but I still feel the need to share with you my testimony of the living Christ. It amazes me that there are still so many people and religions that question how Mormons, or members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, can call themselves "Christians". After talking to a dear neighbor of ours, this belief is due to the fact that we do NOT believe in the Trinity. Our belief is that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three seperate beings, but being "ONE" in purpose. I know that I have a loving Father in Heaven who wants me to be happy. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior, that he died for me and that he lives today.I also have come to rely on the spirit of the Holy Ghost when it comes to making choices for myself, for my children and for our family. It is my belief that when we have done ALL we can do, it is through Christ's loving sacrifice, that my sins will be forgiven and that I can return to live with my Heavely Father. What a great and wonderful plan that is. I have a testimony and am so greatful for the Bible, for the Old and New testiments. I know they are the word of God. I believe in the great examples of how we should live our lives and love one another. I also have a testimony that the Book of Mormon is another testiment of Jesus Christ. Please do not confuse the Book of Mormon to be our Bible. It is a record of Christ's visit to the American continent, visiting His "other sheep" after His resurrection. I am so greatful for the Book of Mormon because to me, it just makes sense, His visitation to the Native American people. I have made many mistakes in my life, and I continue to make them, but I know I have a Savior that lives and loves me. This, my friends, is why I am a Christian through every fiber of my being. I know that My Redeemer Lives and this is my Easter gift to you:

No comments: