Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Where the Green Grass Grows and Grows....

It is Friday, and I have been a bit lazy today. I'm not sure why because I have plenty of homework and housework to keep me busy. I think I am just tired of the monotony of it all. I did go have lunch with Dalton today, so that kind of broke up the day, but I needed something else. I could have gone for a walk on the hampster wheel, but I was not in the mood. It has been raining on and off for the last 3 days and I am tired of it. It has also been a bit on the chilly side, about 65 for the high with lots of clouds. Anyway, my sister called and I went to chat outside on the front step. Low and behold, the sun appeared. Neighbors came out and started trimming and mowing. I began to think about all the activities we have lined up starting in about 5 minutes (eighth grade formal for Makenah, a Movie night for Madisen, a birthday party for Dalton and that's just this evening). Scott has to work this weekend and next and Makenah has a huge band thing tomorrow. I also get to teach Dalton's class at church for the next couple of weeks. Anyway, busy is all I have to say. I decided to do something different. I decided I needed to sweat in all the places a girl should never sweat. I decided after all this rain, and to lighten Scott's load, to mow the lawn, lots and lots of lawn. I started with the front. It's a pain in the butt to go around the trees. I don't hedge. I don't do inclines. I don't do under trampolines (I realized this after I started) I'll leave this for Scott... and this. One of these days we will get to planting these flowers too. They have been sitting here now for 3 weeks (maybe 4, but who's counting). I want you to know we don't use a self-propelled mower either. It's a lot of work and I would have kept going, except that the gas ran out. DARN!! Have a great weekend everyone :)

6 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

When we moved, Joe got me a self propelled lawn mower. I love to mow the grass. Instant gratification, and it lasts for about a week! :) Our "land" is flat, but there is a lot of grass, so the self propelled mower is nice. Joe got it for me for Mother's day. :) I asked for it though, so it was a nice gift.

Stockpiling Mom said...

That is soooo funny! I have never mowed in my life! Can you believe it? I have no plans to start anytime soon either ;-) Have a great weekend!

www.mjenningsdesigns.com

little miss shortcake said...

you go girl! you'll never catch me mowing the lawn!

Lisa said...

visiting from strawberryland . . . cute blog! you're a brave one to mow the lawn.

Alaskagirl said...

I like to mow! It is great excercise. I am thinking that Miah will be doing most of the yard work at our new house though...too many rocks. I don't do rocks!

Cari said...

I love mowing the lawn, and I do all of the above. The only thing I hate is when the toads get in the way and I accidently mow them too. Did Scott feel like you helped him out? or was it like when the kids clean the bathroom, you have to make it a do over.