Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our (MY!) dog...

After the experience with our last dog, Mocha, we (I) have some STRICT guidlines about the next dog we get. NO! We are not getting a dog anytime soon, but when we do, I have found our (My) perfect dog. (Somewhere in the back of my crazy mind, I'm thinking about a dog again) She is called a Shi-Poo. These dogs only get to about 10-12 pounds, they DON'T shed, they are GREAT with kids, they are NOT yippee, they TRAIN EASILY, they don't poop a lot (at least they are small poops), they can be crated for the evening, and I am in LOVE with these little things. A friend recently got one, and I happened to have the chance to play with her one morning. A Shi-Poo is the perfect size for me. So, someday when Dalton can aim in the toilet, and my children have stopped fighting, AND I can convince Scott that he won't be cleaning up dog poop (because I am no longer changing diapers) - this will be the dog I get. She will be my dog because I know I will be the one to take care of her. A sigh of wishfulness. Hey, my 40th birthday is this year ;).

4 comments:

Becky said...

I do LOVE these red ones. When the breeder had them this past spring, I fell in love with TWO and tried to talk Trevor into both!! :) Good news is, they'll have more, so if Scott doesn't cave this year, there is always next year! :)

Michelle Johnson said...

I want one too! Maggie died last October. :( We can't get a dog that sheds like Maggie. It was too much to keep up with. But a little dog would be so nice. I would love to have a lap dog. We have to see what is happening with our lives first. We might have to rent in Portland. So who knows if we'll be able to get a little dog or not.

Bridges Family said...

While I am NOT caving any time soon .... a little dog will be the only kind of dog we will get. A fish may come first over a dog. Love the ballet picture below! Beauty Queen!

Stockpiling Mom said...

Super cute! I am NOT a dog person but I might be able to handle a small one that doesn't shed. But, does it smell like a dog?

:-)