Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

LOST! (and New)

I don't know if you have ever tried on a pair of Chacos, but once you do, you will never, NEVER go back to ANY other kind of sandal or flip/flop on your down time. These are the most comfortable shoes, and they can be adjusted to fit your foot because the straps are able to slide inside the sole as you adjust them. Once you have them where you want, they don't move. When I had my bunion surgery (too many years of ballet) at 19, the big toe on my right foot wasn't put back in place right. I have a rather large gap between my toes now, and can't wear regular flip/flops or they fall right off my foot. These little hipthongs are perfect for me though. When we moved to Ohio 2 years ago, I bought these Peony colored shoes and they were delivered to my door. You can't find Chacos in Ohio, lame I know. I lived in these and my Chaco ZX/2 Unaweep green sandals for the last 2 summers. I wore my hipthongs to Idaho, and on my way home decided to wear my tennis shoes -I don't know why, I just did. Anyway, I put my hipthongs on the underside compartment of my suitcase, along with another pair of sandals. When I got my bag 3 airports and 7 hours later, I went to change my shoes back to my hipthongs and the zipper was OPEN ALL THE WAY on the underside. My brown sandals were in the bag, but one of my hipthongs was MIA. How could I have left the zipper open all the way! I was so mad at myself. At least I didn't miss my flight this time, but this was almost as frustrating to me. After a few weeks of not having my hipthongs, and summer heat getting ready to start, I gave in. I now have another pair of hipthongs. Of course the Peony color is sold out until next summer, so I settled for a BRIGHT apple green. New:

12 comments:

Shanan said...

I'm sold! I want some, but have to pay for Convention first :)!

TuTu's Bliss said...

Do they make anything with a heel? ;) Hubby is 6,3 and I.m well..five not so I need a comfy heel! Does that even exist? Hugs, Jen

ch said...

These are really cute! I live in Florida. I bet they have them here and I know just the store that might have them. Their in Winter Park. I forget the name I'll have to look into it.

Nice blog!

Your candle business looks interesting too.

www.chalkaboutit.blogspot.com

Cindy

valentine said...

i haven't ever heard of these, but they look comfy. that really sucks that you lost one of your sandals.


stopping by from SITS to say hi!

Jennifer said...

CUTE!! I'm all about comfortable shoes! ... I have big feet though... size 11!

Adorable blog!! Beautiful family :)

Visiting from SITS, glad to see you up there!

Sarah said...

Oh the pink ones look so comfy!! I'll have to see if they have them in Australia yet! Hi from SITS!

said...

Oooh, pretty and comfortable!

Joy, via SITS roll call :o)

xoxoKrysten said...

Kinda snazzy, I may have to invest in some!

--Heather-- said...

I love my reefs.. hi from SITS

C.G. the Foodie said...

Those look really neat. How do you think they would work for flat feet?

It sucks you lost one though :-(

Melissa B. said...

Looking quite comfy, there! Stopping by from SITs to Share the Comment Love!

Anonymous said...

There is a store in Milford that sells them....