Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

 
Posted by Picasa
Scentsy Boot Camp was such a learning expierience. As the plane was coming in to Boise, I realized once again how much I miss the mountains. Not just because they are beautiful, but because they provide such a sence of direction for me. I have come to rely on my GPS here in Ohio. I rented a car and they gave me a Chevy Malibu, which was a decent little car. I drove to Meridian and stayed the first night at the Courtyard Marriott. The next day I checked out, stopped in to see Melissa, and with so many things going on with school, home, work, and all the other things going on, she wasn't quite ready to have me see the house. It worked out fine though because her and I took a walk for about 45 minutes -a perfect way to start the day (a walk and a nice conversation with my sister). After I left Melissa's, I went over to Hunter Elementary (where I used to work) to have lunch with Kim (my sponsor). We didn't clarify that I was bringing lunch (goes back to you shouldn't assume), so I'm glad Kim brought something to eat because I didn't remember saying that I was bringing lunch. Oh well. It was so fun to see so many people that I used to work with. I went to visit my friend and neighbor (I saw his wife Jennifer at the school and she said I should stop by and see him), Mike Paine (my ortho), then ran and checked into the Ameritel Inn where Scentsy was holding Boot Camp. I left a note for my room-mate, then drove back to Bridgetower to visit my friend Mindy Parker. After our visit, I grabbed a bite to eat and headed back to the hotel for the night. I had a great room-mate, Elizabeth, and she was so fun to get to know. She had already eaten dinner, so her and I thought it would be a good idea to have a notepad for Boot Camp. We headed to Wal-Mart, and then decided that we wanted to go downtown (if you can call Boise downtown) to see the lights. We drove around for a bit, then headed back to the hotel for the night. Boot Camp started at 7:00 AM with the continental hotel breakfast. We checked in, went to the Scentsy Success store where I found a few things, then headed back to base (across the hall in a conference room). Heidi, Orville, and Ann Dalton spoke for a bit, as well as a few others. We broke for lunch and went to the Mexican place around the corner from the hotel. That was so fun, and I sat in-between Becky and Casie so it was fun to chat with them. When we went back to base, the room was ready for "round table" discussions. This was so great. We were broken into smaller groups so that our learning would be more personal. We finished up about 4:00, then had a few minutes to change before we were on a tour bus and headed over to the Scentsy Warehouse to get an awesome personal tour. What an incredible place to see! After the tour, we were loaded back on the buses and on our way to Heidi and Orville's house for a beautiful banquet. The meal was wonderful and Casie Stevenson and I ended up at the same table (there were place settings) so we had a great time! When the buses brought us back to the hotel, it was close to 9:30. I didn't bring my swimsuit (well, I don't have one that fits!), but headed down to the pool with Casie and DeAnna. It was fun to get to know Casie and DeAnna and I can't wait to see Casie in Banff! I think it was about 11:30 when I finally crawled in bed. Beth had quite a few questions about the LDS church, so that was fun to chat about with her. We found a Book of Mormon in the drawer between the beds and so she took that with her :). The following day we got up, Beth did my hair for me (she owns her own salon!), then we headed down for breakfast, more breakout sessions, took a group photo, had lunch with the ladies again, and then it was time to listen to Orville give the last talk of the day. For all of Boot Camp, I learned so much, but this last talk of Orville's was the kicker for me. I can't even explain how wise and what a gift Orville has in motivational and inspirational speaking. I think a good part of the room was in tears before he was done. After Orville's talk, then it was time for Scentsy Boot Camp Graduation. We each took turns going up and getting our certificates from Bob, then got a hug and a photo from Orville.

No comments: