Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Scentsy Basket Testers!!

I don't know what it is that when I bring my Scentsy basket testers to display, I end up with a few missing. (12 this last time) Do people pocket them, mistaking them for "samples"? Anyway, I am so tired of replacing them I have been perplexed on how to solve this problem. I think I have it figured out though. Part of the problem was my beautiful Scentsy bag. It held all of my testers, but with no instructions on how to use them. For "sniffing" purposes only, DO NOT TAKE!! So, while at Wal Mart the other day, I was trying really hard to think outside of the box. I looked at so many possibilities, but nothing that said, P.E.R.F.E.C.T. Then I found this: It is a tackle bait box. Rugged, which is good because these little testers have been through a lot. Not only was I looking for something that would say, "Don't take me", but I needed something that would help protect the little jars. In my nice Scentsy bag, people would just drop the jars back into the bag after they sniffed, causing the lids to crack. These dividers help the testers from banging into each other and I was also able to organized each of the 4 boxes into the classifications of smells. What a great idea huh? Also, I made a table on the computer with a tag for each scent. By putting a little piece of tape runner on the back to hold them in place, I will know right away if any of the testers are missing. This has been a huge thorn in my side, these missing testers. I also needed to come up with a cute little poem to put on the box. Something that says, Do not take these! What do you think? These are my testers, please smell away! I know they smell great, and you could smell them all day. Please do not take them, for taking their not! It would be so kind if you put them back in their spots. If smelling my testers just is not enough, Be the first in your area to sell Scentsy stuff! Just plug in a warmer, add a little scent too Then enter your orders, that’s all that you do! (: P.S. In order to use this tackle box system, you must have the tester labels to fit the tops of the little jars from Scentsy Success. For Amanda and Stephanie, I will make you up a box and send it your way soon because I'm sure you will have the same problem with the disappearing testers. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!! We have enjoyed card playing and food for the last two nights. I'm ready for a good nights sleep and a nap tomorrow!

16 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

That is so cool! what a great idea. :)

PS Happy Birtday to Dalton! :)

little miss shortcake said...

Pure genius! I love how organized it is.

Alaskagirl said...

WHAT a great idea!! You are so smart! Have a fab week.

Chanin said...

That looks awesome!!! I'm thinking I may want to have a party this summer....I will let you know though!

Anyway, you've been tagged over at my blog...

http://whatswithallthepink.blogspot.com

Anne said...

That is an excellent idea. Those tackle boxes also work great for organizing jewelry. Love it!

Christl said...

This is very cute. I have been trying to find the perfect way to organize my basket testers as I am melting my PTs into hopefully 6 BT sets. We will see how it goes :). Thanks for the idea.

Michelle Walton said...

I stumbled upon this blog while browsing the other day. I love this idea! I am starting my own Scentsy business, this weekend actually and will have to impliment this definitely. Have a blessed day.
Michelle from Kentucky (I was in Idaho as well for 8 years with the mil)

Jessica said...

I was just wondering where you got the tester jars and labels? I looked on-line and scentsysuccess.com but was unable to find anything. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Just e-mail and let me know. jessicasuelove@hotmail.com or www.scentsy.com/jessicalove

Thanks!

Bobbi West said...

Hello, I was wondering if I could have permission to use your poem. If not, it's ok, I will come up with one, but since you already did, thought I would ask!

Anonymous said...

This is an absolute PERFECT idea and very creative!! I just signed up with Scenty and was at Walmart looking for something to place all of my samples in. I ended up buying these two big tupperware bins with handles...cute, but not exactly what I was hoping for, until I came home and started searching on the computer with my mom some different ideas and along came your site!
I just want to say thank you so much and I'm so excited about my journey with Scentsy and the new carrying case. :-)

Crystal

karen said...

Hi! I just signed up this month (August) to be a scentsy consultant in Oklahoma! I am having my launch party Tuesday, Aug 25, and was trying to find some ideas when I came upon your blog. I am thrilled with your ideas as I signed up under my sister in law and she has only been at this a month-so I'm kind-of on my own. I am wondering how you get the tiny samples- mine are big that they sent to me with my packet. Any advice that you could pass along will be appreciated. Just wanted to say thanks!
~ Karen :) rkezell@cox.net

balunov23 said...

Wow! great !dea. Good post, useful sharing. I like your post.

Anonymous said...

Do you know how many ounces are in a basket tester?

Anonymous said...

Love the idea!!! Not sure if walmart still sells this one. I have been looking. Love your poem. I just sighned up with Scentsy!! I have looked on the Scentsy Success websitee and could not find the tester labels. if you could email me back with where you found them. acasteel08@yahoo.com
Thank you

rosemary vaughan said...

Love your poem! Looking for a way to display scentsy scents and keeping them from disappearing... thanks for sharing your idea.
Rosemary, Dayton OH
rosevaughan@embarqmail.com

Anonymous said...

Can you please let us know the name of this or leave a link?